May 2023 – Patient Newsletter
We’re excited to share that we’ve recently made some changes to our telephone system to make it more user-friendly and accessible for you. We understand the importance of being able to navigate easily to the right department, and we believe these changes will make that process much smoother for you.
To help guide you through our new system, we’ve created a simple set of options to choose from:
- Press 1 to cancel an appointment, (Line open 8am -18.00pm)
- Press 2 to book an appointment, (Line open 8am -18.00pm)
- Press 3 for home visits or health care professionals, (Line open 8am -18.00pm)
- Press 4 for prescription and sick note queries, (Line open 10am -14.00pm)
- Press 5 for referrals, insurance and online queries (Line open 9am -17.00pm) or Press star (*) to repeat this message.
Our lines are open at different times throughout the day.
For anything that is not a same-day need, we encourage you to consider using PATCHES, which is a convenient online service that allows you to submit your requests at any time. For those of you who prefer to call, we kindly ask that you ring at a time outside of our busy period (8am-10.30am) to ensure that you get through to the surgery in a time-efficient way.
We hope these changes will make your experience with our practice more enjoyable and efficient. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Since the introduction of our new telephone system, we have made significant improvements in terms of call efficiency, accessibility, and overall patient experience.
Friends and Family Feedback on the New Telephone System
“Service very quick, couldn’t have been any better”
“It was quick and well done”
“The person who answers the call was very helpful and very polite”
“Polite staff. Quick service”
“Nice greeting and excellent care provider”
“Easy access to appointments”
“Friendly & reassuring staff. And appointments are more flexible than expected”
“Polite and helpful receptionist”
“I rang and got an appointment, saw a doctor and was referred and x-ray same day…am now awaiting CT scan and have my appointment confirmed”
“Easy to get advice and appointments online. Also, the doctors and staff provide a professional service”
“Managed to get through to someone fairly quickly and got an appointment and prescription straight away”
“Easy access to staff. Helpful attitude”
“Always professional and courteous”
“Easy access to staff. Helpful attitude”
“Was in with the Dr in 1.5hrs of calling”
“Original telephone call handler excellent and nurse practitioner rang me explained everything brilliantly and very helpful and knowledgeable”
“Caring helpful and professional”
“Nice greeting and listening”
“The phone was answered immediately, and I got appointment that morning”
“I rang for a telephone app and got on same day”
“Call answered promptly, receptionist was lovely and very helpful, same day appointment”
“Very prompt booking, staff were friendly and professional”
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to those patients who have provided feedback on our new telephone system. Your insights have been invaluable in helping us identify areas for improvement and ensuring that we deliver the best possible experience for everyone.
Did you know?
- Our practice is working closely with local pharmacists. Pharmacists are trained to give advice about medicines and can support you with a range of minor health conditions. Find your local pharmacy here: Find a pharmacy – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- You can also order your prescription at any time that suits you. There’s no need to wait to join the telephone queue or wait until we open. Visit nhs.uk/helpmeapp for step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
- Extra same-day and routine appointments are also available locally for patients at our practice. Speak to our reception team to book routine appointments or if you’re unwell when we are closed, call our practice number to be put through to GP Care Wakefield. You can find out more on the GP Care website: https://tinyurl.com/mu5bsn3n
Please remember, our staff are here to help you. Thank you for treating us with respect.