Created: 10 September 2019 Version: 3.0
In line with the Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of practice on prevention and control of infection and its related guidance, this Annual Statement will be generated each year. It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any lessons learnt and action taken
- Details of any infection prevention and control (IPC) audits undertaken and any subsequent actions taken arising from these audits
- Details of any issues that may challenge infection prevention and control including risk assessment undertaken and subsequent actions implemented as a result
- Details of staff IPC training
- Details of review and update of IPC policies, procedures and guidance.
2. Infection Control Leads
The Infection Control Leads will liaise with the HR & Operatins Manager to enable the integration of Infection Control principles and consequent policies into standards of care within the practice based on good practice.
They will be the first point of contact for practice staff in respect of Infection Control issues.
They will help create and maintain an environment which will ensure the safety of the patient / client, carers, visitors and health care workers in relation to Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI).
The Infection Control Leads will carry out the following within the practice:
- Increase awareness of Infection Control issues amongst staff and clients
- Help motivate colleagues to improve practice
- Improve local implementation of Infection Control policies
- Ensure that practice based Infection Control audits are undertaken
- Assist in the education of colleagues
- Help identify any Infection Control problems within the practice and work to resolve these, where necessary in conjunction with the local Infection Control Team
- Act as a role model within the practice
- Disseminate key Infection Control messages to their colleagues within the practice
3. Significant Events
There have been no significant events reported regarding infection control issues in the period covered by this report.
The following sites have been audited by a member of the local Infection Preven- tion and Control Team:
- Castleford Health Centre 92%
- Elizabeth Court 93%
- Pinfold Surgery 89% December 2023
- Byram Surgery 90% December 2023
- Ferrybridge Medical Centre 92% December 2023
- Queen Street Surgery 91% December 2023
5. Staff Training
Staff training is provided annually in either of the following formats:
- Centrally via the ICB Target process (usually for Practice Nurses)
- On line e-learning.
- In house
6. Policies,Procedures and Guidelines
All Policies, Procedures and Guidelines are available via HCF Share Point